Thursday, May 10, 2012

summer update | personal

This morning, I realized that there is some big news in my life that I haven't made public on my blog until now! Now, before you jump to conclusions, no....it's not a boy;) hahaha. So, what could it be? Well, it could be that I didn't fail my semester (not even close, but thanks for asking!) or that it's my Dad's birthday today (happy happy birthday to the best father ever!) but that's not it, either.

I'm GOING TO FLORIDA! 

The land of flamingos, palm trees, beaches, and frozen yogurt. Where the sunlight is always golden, and the humidity is out of this world. (ok, that's not going on the "pros" list...whatever.;) And, more specifically, the state where Jacksonville is situated!

What's so great about Jacksonville? Weeeellll....let me tell you! 

I've mentioned before that I'm involved in a campus ministry called The Navigators. Every summer, they have Summer Training Programs (STPs) across the country, in places like Wisconsin Dells, Snow Mountain Ranch in Colorado, and Jacksonville, Florida. Hundreds of college students apply to go, where they'll spend 8 weeks of their summer studying the Bible, building relationships though small groups and a job, learning from speakers, and having fun! I have been so blessed to been accepted to go to JAX this summer.

So, what does this look like for Amelia Renee Photography? Basically, I'll be taking a break from shooting professionally for two months. (Unless you live or are visiting Jax this summer, then hit me up!) However, I'll be shooting lots of photos and videos for fun! And, if you live in Iowa, I'll still be booking for August and this fall. :) No worries there! ;) If you're a senior next year, be sure to get a card from any of my gals (more on that next week!) and book your senior portrait session for this fall!

I'm super excited for this next step in my spiritual life. I know that God will do great things in Jacksonville this summer, and I'm so humbled to be a part of it.

(and, because what's a post without a photo?! here is the lovely Miranda. more to come from this session soon!)

Photobucket

love always,
amelia renee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment