Friday, December 9, 2011

goodbye teenage-dom | personal

I love birthdays!
I really, really do. And there is nothing more exciting than your own birthday, am I right? can I get an AAAAMEN?!
The older I get, the more they sneak up on me. (of course, it could just be this year I'm so focused on my finals that I haven't thought about my birthday;). But, here it is. The big day!

The big 2-0!

Not quite sure how to feel. Slightly sad & reflective of all the wonderful (aaand some not-so-wonderful) teen years? --Oh, and let me tell you, I feel slighted. SLIGHTED, I TELL YOU! ;) Because I've technically only been a teen since 13, & that's only 8 years. Otherwise you get 10 years for an "age"...you know, 20-29 or 50-59. Huh. I want those extra 2 teen years, please! ;)

But really, as much as I have LOVED being a teenager (or at least the double digits!), I know that the 20's are going to be preeeetty amazing! God has done so much in my life just this past year, and He's moving & working! He'll keep making amazing changes in my life. This fills me up with joy! And, also the fact that I'm in my 20's means that...holy cow! I'm getting closer and closer to full time work and marriage and children and all that fun grown up stuff I've only dreamt about. ;) All in good time, I'm not one to rush growing up, but its so exciting to realize those dreams are getting nearer every year.

I'm beyond excited for this next year! To see what God has in store for me, for my business, for my faith, and friendships, and serving Him, and growth in any other area. A verse He's repetatively brought to me is Jeremiah 29:11: "for I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." whatever plans He has, I'm ready to discover them!

Photobucket

love always,
amelia renee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment