Wednesday, September 14, 2011

at this point... | personal

while walking across campus the other day, i was thinking. [brilliant idea, i know!;)] during my oh-so-deep thinking session, i came to the conclusion that i really love this stage of life. where i'm currently at, the things happening in my life, who i am becoming today. i'm enjoying it all. so, if you wanted a peek inside of my brain today, you've come to the right place.;)

at this point in time...

i am a student. i am in my second year of college, and it has far exceeded my expectations! especially for being enrolled in community college, and still living at home. i've just started my first of two years of formal photography training (finally!) and it's terrifying, but thrilling. not to mention, i love learning about the people i've met, and the community & world i live in.

i am a daughter & sister. since i still live at home, i'm obviously not the typical college student. that somewhat a different type of responsibility than living alone. i help my sister look after our animals [2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 rabbit], and do weekly & daily chores--like washing dishes--that most dorm students don't worry about. strangely enough [maybe it's just the autumnal breeze] i'm beinging to like these chores of mine! or maybe i'm becoming more maternal. haha. i'm not sure. and i'm feeling more and more that i want to spend time with my family. in less than 2 years, my sister and i will both probably be out of the house. these days of family-ness will pass quickly, and i want to cherish the time we have while still living all together, just the 4 of us.

i am a single girl. or woman? young woman? [haha. i'm still not sure where i am on the "growing up" spectrum.] during high school, being single was tough--more often than i'd like to admit. i've always known that i was created for marriage and motherhood. it's something i craved since childhood. [especially motherhood! i love kids. so much!] now that i'm in college and seeing many high school and college age friends marry, it leaves me wondering when it will be my turn. i long to take walks or coffee dates with my [someday] boyfriend, plan my wedding, decorate a home, make dinner for my husband, and even change dirty diapers! but i am content to be single now. i have so much yet to learn about myself, the need to grow in multiple areas and to be head over heels in love with God before any of that. it may happen soon...or not. that's not in my control. but i am content to be single now and learning and growing and preparing for my future 'somedays.':)

i am loved by Jesus. i've been growing, or wanting to grow, in my faith more than i ever have before. this past year has been a good start, but the past 3 weeks or so have been huge. i've realized that God wants commitment from me. commitment to read my Bible and spend time in prayer daily [so hard for me! but so rewarding when it does happen.] i'm involved with a campus ministry at our local state college and i loooooove it. this year i'm so excited to be on the leadership team & to say that it's pushing me to grow is not a lie.;) God is doing & will continue to do big things this year on campus! so thrilled to be a part of His plan for UNI & individual lives there.:)

i'll leave you with a verse that i've been memorizing lately. it sums up what i want to be doing right now, and really, for the rest of my life.

this is what the Lord says:

stand at the crossroads and look;

ask for the ancient paths,

ask where the good way is, and walk in it,

and you will find rest for your souls. [jeremiah 6:16]

love always,

amelia renee:)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. sweet sweet post Amelia, I love it! And that verse is amaaaazing. Thank you for sharing it, God used it to encourage me!!! <3 You :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I SO loved reading this post. And I can definitely relate with your section called " I am a single girl". Haha, I'm right there with ya, and I totally understand where you're coming from. That's why I'm having such a hard time even knowing where to go to college and what to do, because all I really desire is for getting married and raising a family with my husband. I don't care about having a career. I also loved that verse you shared - so poetic and beautiful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mhm. This is beautiful thoughts from a beautiful heart! I do really wish you lived closer ha ha, i feel as if we could be good friends! :)

    ReplyDelete